Artbidy.com
×
Kornilov brothers
Name
Kornilov brothers

The company "Bracia Korniłow" was founded in 1835, when Maria Wasiliewna Korniłowa, a successful merchant in St. Petersburg, decided to establish her own porcelain factory on the right bank of the Neva River. She was assisted in managing the factory by her five sons. Within eight years of operation, the factory received permission to include the Russian coat of arms in its signature, and the Korniłow brothers began receiving orders from the imperial court.

In 1869, Michail Korniłow became the sole owner of the factory, which, after his death, passed to his wife and children. In 1893, the word "company" was added to the factory's name, signaling its further development. The factory thrived until the outbreak of the October Revolution, after which it was nationalized. In 1921, production was shifted to electrotechnical porcelain.

After joining the Energomasz association in 1989 and returning to the original name "Korniłow Porcelain Factory" during perestroika, the factory was unable to regain its former glory. In 2003, after prolonged financial difficulties, the company ceased its operations and ultimately collapsed.

Koszyk